- Planning, Neighborhoods & Development
- Building Services
Fee Increase Notice
Effective January 1, 2023, Building permit fees will increase as established by the City Ordinance 153.32 by the annual adjusted Consumer Price Index of 8.33%.
If you have any questions, please call 937-333-3979.
The Division of Building Inspection of the City's Office of Economic Development is primarily responsible for assuring compliance with commercial and residential building construction codes. In fulfilling this responsibility, the Division:
- Examines construction drawings of commercial and residential structures for compliance with the appropriate code;
- Issues permits (a license to construct) when code compliance has been confirmed;
- Issues electrical, plumbing and HVAC permits when code compliance has been confirmed;
- Issue fire suppression and fire alarm system permits;
- Issues sewer, water and gas permits;
- Inspects construction, alterations and repairs to commercial and residential structures to verify work is in accordance with the approved construction drawings;
- Manages the registration program for plumbing, mechanical and electric contractors;
- Issues permits for temporary structures such as construction trailers, tents and portable shelters; and
- Administers the Flood Plain Management Plan as required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Frequently Asked Permitting Questions
- General Permitting Questions
- Residential Building Permit Questions
- Commercial Building Permit Questions
- Fire Suppression and Alarm Permit Questions
Residential Permitting Process Instructions and Example Drawings
- Wood Decks
- Detached Garages and Accessory Structures
- Additions to Residential Structures