State & National Codes
The City of Dayton's Division of Building Inspection uses the following State and National codes:
- Commercial Structures: 2017 Ohio Building Code
- Residential Structures: 2013 Residential Code of Ohio NOTE: An updated version of the residential code will become effective July 1, 2019.
- Plumbing Code: 2017 Ohio Plumbing Code
- Mechanical Code: 2017 Ohio Mechanical Code
- Fire Code: 2017 Ohio Fire Code
- Energy Code: 2017 International Energy Conservation Code
- Fuel Gas Code: 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- Electric Code: 2017 National Electric Code (NFPA 70)
- Fire Alarm Code: 2016 National Fire Alarm Code (NFPA 72)
- Sprinkler Code: 2016 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems (NFPA 13)
The three codes above can be accessed on the National Fire Protection Association's website.
- Flood Plain District Regulation: City of Dayton Revised Code of General Ordinances Opens a New Window.
- Air Base Zoning Regulations: 1997 Wright-Patterson Air force Base Zoning Regulations