American Rescue Plan for Dayton
On March 11, President Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), with the goal of speeding recovery from the economic and health effects of the coronavirus pandemic. As part of the plan, the City of Dayton will receive nearly $138 Million in two equal distributions. This one-time money will be used to provide for immediate recovery needs and to create long-term investments for Dayton’s future. The deadline to obligate these funds is December 31, 2024.
This is the largest grant in Dayton's history and presents an unparalleled opportunity to improve the quality of life for city residents. City leadership has developed a framework to allocate the funds in an intentional way that would maximize the impact of this opportunity and enable community transformation.
The City of Dayton will focus on these areas:
- Neighborhoods: City-led and managed projects that would support healthier lifestyles through neighborhood revitalization efforts.
- Amenities: Projects and investments that provide recreational and lifestyle assets to the community.
- Major Catalytic Projects: Projects and investments that address economic disparities and incent additional development and economic activity.
- City Projects: Projects and investments that support City services.
- Community Investments: Community-driven projects to partners and community groups offering programs and services serving the hardest hit areas and economic sectors.
- External Awards: Funding to support vulnerable economic sectors that might not survive the pandemic, like hospitality and tourism, as well as other mitigation efforts and community requests responding to, or addressing, the health emergency.
Notice of Funding Opportunities Workshops & Office Hours
- Tues, Sept 21, 5:30 p.m. - Northwest Library Branch
- Thurs, Sept 23, 9:30 a.m. - Business Solution Center
- Mon, Sept 27, 3:00 p.m. - Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Wed, Sept 29, 11:00 a.m. - Dayton Metro Library
- Fri, Oct 1, 12:00 p.m. - Zoom Meeting
- Mon, Oct 4, 2:00 p.m. - TDB
- Wed, Oct 6, 3:00 p.m. - Zoom Meeting
- Tue, Oct 12, 2:00 p.m. - Zoom Meeting