Neighborhood Notice: Water Reclamation Facility - Planned Activities
The City of Dayton Department of Water is issuing this notice of planned activities at the Water Reclamation Facility located at 2800 Guthrie Rd. The Water Reclamation Facility is planning maintenance activities at the biosolids processing building. This process improvement may result in unpleasant odors in the area. You are being notified because your neighborhood may be impacted. Please see information below regarding activities beginning Wednesday, Feb. 12, and what you may experience:
• The biosolids project improvements will last for approximately two (2) weeks
• We will be adding additional odor control chemicals to control migrating odors.
• The Department of Water has already notified the Ohio EPA; the Regional Air Pollution Control Agency and the City of Moraine of the planned activities and the potential odor complaints.
• You may experience outside odors including sewage or rotten egg type odors, or a manure-type odor.
• During this period, while the odors may be unpleasant, it will not be harmful to you. We ask for your patience as we work through these planned maintenance improvement activities. For additional information or to file an odor complaint, please contact Water Reclamation Facility at 937-333-1502.