(Brookville was initially excluded from this notice but has since been added and is no longer under a boil advisory.)
The water boil advisory has been lifted for remaining Dayton, Montgomery County and Greene County water customers.
The decision to lift the advisory was made collaboratively by the City of Dayton, Montgomery County, Greene County, and the Ohio EPA.
Because some wells are still operating on alternative power sources, customers are asked to continue to use water for essential needs only until further notice.
Please see the checklists below for actions that need to be taken after a water boil advisory has ended.
- Flush water
- Unscrew and remove the faucet aerator (screen)
- Turn on each cold water faucet/tap slowly
- Run cold water for three minutes
- Clean and reinstall aerator
- Flush pipes/faucets for at least three minutes
- Equipment with water line connections must be flushed, cleaned, and sanitized
- Flush drinking water fountains for at least three minutes
For more information, visit https://www.phdmc.org/features/246-what-to-do-after-a-boil-water-advisory-has-ended.