Jefferson TWP Waste Collection Services Schedules
We are pleased to be providing solid waste, recycling, and bulk waste services for Jefferson Township, Ohio in 2022. We look forward to our continued relationship with the residents we currently service in Jefferson Township. We will diligently work to meet all your trash, recycling, and bulk waste collection needs.
If you have any questions regarding your new waste collection services, please contact our Call Center at 937-333-4800 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
YOUR SERVICE DAYS FOR TRASH, RECYCLING, AND BULK WASTE
Trash will be collected Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Monday and Tuesday are designated Zone 1. Wednesday and Thursday are designated Zone 2.
Recycling is collected every other week on Fridays based on your zone. If you are interested in recycling and would like to obtain a FREE 95-gallon blue City of Dayton recycling container, please call the Call Center at 937-333-4800 and one will be scheduled for delivery. All recyclable material must be loosely placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle container. Please consult the Recycle Right reference guide for items that are and are not accepted in the recycle container.
All bulk waste collections must be scheduled in advance and will be collected every other Friday based on your zone. You must call no later than the Wednesday before your normal bulk collection day to schedule this service. To schedule bulk waste pickup please call 937-333-4800. Bulk items mean those other than normal household trash including, but not limited to, appliances (except those as noted below), furniture, and any other items which cannot be safely and conveniently loaded into a solid waste transportation vehicle or that do not fit into your waste container. Specifically excluded are appliances containing freon, concrete and bricks, vehicle parts, tires, abandoned cars, car parts, whole trees and construction materials.
waste, recycling and bulk GUIDELINES
— DO —
- Have your roll-out container or bulk items out by 6:30 a.m. the day of your scheduled waste collection.
- Keep bulk and metal items separated.
- Keep yard waste separated from other collection items (it also must be cut and tied in 4-foot lengths no larger than 18 inches in diameter).
- Remove containers from curb line, alley, or front yard no later than 8 a.m. on the day after your collection day.
- Place container at least 5 feet away from any object (cars, mailboxes, trees, etc.).
- Always allow 3 feet between containers.
- Place containers at curb (or alley) with handles facing house.
— DON’T —
- Overfill roll out (lid should be closed on roll out).
- Place any hot items in roll out (e.g., ashes from fireplace).
- Place roll out close to any obstruction (such as an automobile).
- Put loose trash in roll out (wrap or bag all trash).
- Have trash piled on or around roll out. All trash must be bagged and containerized. Please do not put loose waste out for collection.
— HOLIDAYS —
Trash and recycling are not collected on holidays. On weeks containing a holiday, waste collection service will be moved back one day following the holiday. For example, if your waste collection day is typically on Monday, but that day is a holiday, your trash will be collected on Tuesday; Tuesday’s normal collection will then move to Wednesday, and so on, through Friday. Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Juneteenth; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day.
Jefferson Township Collection Calendars
Please find the appropriate calendar below based on your provided collection day.