City Plan Board
The City Plan Board, established by the City Charter, is the City of Dayton's planning commission as described in the Ohio Revised Code and performs such duties and functions with respect to comprehensive planning (transportation, land use, public facilities, parks and open space, etc.), zoning, platting, right-of-way vacations, design review and other duties as provided by state law or by city ordinance.
- Date: 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Time: 4:30 p.m.
Planning and Resource Room, Mezzanine
101 W 3rd Street
Dayton, OH 45402
(937) 333 - 3673
Dates for all Plan Board meetings for the coming year can be found on this downloadable calendar.
Major powers and duties of the Plan Board include:
- Adopts strategies, plans and programs, holds public hearings and makes recommendations to the City Commission on rezonings, zoning map and text amendments.
- Approves record plans (subdivisions and consolidations) and general development plans; establishes City conditions for the vacation of public streets and alleys; reviews projects for consistency with adopted plans.
- Is responsible for the City's comprehensive plan (CitiPlan Dayton: The 20/20 Vision); reviews modifications to the thoroughfare and circulation system; recommends urban design standards to the City Commission.
- Reviews plans requiring the eminent domain or urban renewal powers of the City.
AGENDAS & MINUTES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
The City Plan Board consists of seven members, who must be residents of the city of Dayton, plus the City Manager or Director of Planning and Community Development as a non-voting member. Board members are appointed by the City Commission for terms of three years. All members of the Plan Board serve without compensation.
|Matt Sauer||June 2021|
|Rosie Miller||June 2022|
|Geraldine Pegues||June 2022|
|Greg Scott, Chair||June 2022|
|Julius Beckham||June 2024|
|William Allen||June 2024|
|Ann Schenking||Sept 2024|
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the Plan Board, download and submit this application.
For a complete description of the application process and to download application forms, head over to our Plan Board Application Process webpage. The following requests will require application to and review by the Plan Board: subdividing or consolidating property, rezoning, honorary street designations, right-of-way vacations, or planned development overlays.
For application deadlines and fees, download the pdf deadline document.
HOW TO COMMENT ON AN APPLICATION
Any person having an interest in a providing input on an agenda item may comment in the following ways:
- Emailing the Plan Board Secretary;
- Mailing a letter to the Plan Board Secretary; and/or
- Participating in one of the public hearings. Citizens will be given the opportunity to share comments or ask questions during the public comment portion of the Plan Board meeting.
Persons wanting to address the Plan Board may sign-up in person at the meeting or in advance by contacting the Plan Board Secretary by phone at (937) 333-3673 or by email at Tony.Kroeger@daytonohio.gov.
Speakers who want to address the Plan Board about a public hearing item will be invited to speak after the staff presentation. The Plan Board Chair has the authority to limit the time allotted for individual speakers.