News & Social Media
Discover the latest happening with Dayton's city government and community! Sign up for emails, explore our archives and connect with us online to stay in the loop.
These are the latest official news stories coming out of the local municipal government in Dayton. Explore the archive to see the latest news and past stories.
"Dayton Extra" highlights need-to-know information and updates from the City of Dayton, on subjects ranging from neighborhood and downtown development, to recreation opportunities, to City services. You can personalize the content and frequency of the newsletter as you wish. Sign up for Dayton Extra below.
CONNECTIONS QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Comments posted on, connected to or otherwise directly associated with City of Dayton social media accounts or their content will be monitored and are subject to moderation, including deletion/removal. The City reserves the right to hide, report or remove inappropriate comments, including those with content that:
- Is profane, obscene or sexual in nature;
- Threatens or defames any person or organization;
- Violates the legal ownership interest of another party;
- Supports or opposes political candidates or ballot propositions;
- Promotes illegal activity, commercial services or products (e.g. spam);
- Is not topically relevant to a particular posting;
- Violates federal, state or local law, including content inconsistent with applicable City ordinances or policies;
- Undermines the spirit of civil discourse intended in social media spheres.
Any comments or posts created by a member of the public are not necessarily the opinion or position of the City of Dayton. Content posted on or connected to City of Dayton social media sites is considered a public record and is subject to the Ohio Public Records Law and other applicable record retention laws. In addition, content posted by a member of the public on social media sites may be subject to e-discovery laws. Read the full Social Media Policy (PDF) .
News releases, emails and social media for the City of Dayton are all published and managed by the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.