- Plumber Resources
This page is designed to compile all pertinent information for plumbers. The Department of Water oversees all water line work within the public right-of-way (everything in the street). Please check with Building Inspection for specific information about any work outside of the right-of-way (private property).
Services that do not require Department of Water intervention:
- Any pipe work in a building structure or not in the public right-of-way
- Water shut offs at the curb box
- Testing or repairs of private water hydrants
- Taps into the water utility lines. For water lines 4 inches and larger, call our Technical Services Supervisor at 937-333-3742. For water lines 2 inches and smaller - call our Customer Relations Aide at 937-333-6804
- Relocation of taps into the city water utility
Who to Contact
- Please call Building Inspection at 937-333-3883 for a list of other services that you may need.
- Please contact Vectren Energy Delivery for questions about the natural gas utility.
- Please contact AES Ohio for questions about the electric utility.
Forms & Permits
The Standards for Taps, Services, Meters, and Backflow Prevention (PDF) document address the following:
- Water Service Installation Costs
- Sewer Service Installation Costs
- Procedures For Water Service Taps
- Permits for Water Service, Relocated Meter, Repair, Fire Hydrants
- Testing for Leakage/Pressure and Purity
- Water Service Diagrams with Notes