Start, Stop / Transfer Water Service

The Water Customer Services can help you start, stop and transfer service.

Please contact us at 937-333-3550 at normal hours of operation (see hours section below).

Start Service

If you are looking to establish a new water service, such as construction call 937-333-3725 to be routed to Water Engineering. Otherwise, call Water Revenue at 937-333-3550 to start your service.

Stop Service

To stop an existing service, call the City's Customer Contact Center at 937-333-3550 and request a Meter Take work order. There has to be access to the property if the meter is inside. If the address can be verified in our system, this request will stop Water, Sewer and Wellfield billing. You will also need to contact Public Works at 937-333-4800 to have their waste container scheduled for removal to stop those charges each quarter. Customer must have the Meter Take work order completed and an off and out date in the system to request for the Waste Container to be removed. Storm charges however will continue each quarter based on the impervious areas of the property.

To have the water restored after a Meter Take the bill must be paid in full and a Meter Set work order created. There are Meter Set fees associated with this service. See our Service Fees and Charges page for more information.

Transfer Service

To transfer service, a final reading work order is suggested. This allows a reading to take place when someone moves in or out of the property and provides a point of reference for water usage during a specific timeframe. The name on the account may be changed by request in person, writing or via phone.

The Finance Department turns off water for delinquency and lack of read. Emergency or other requests for Water Termination are referred to Water Distribution.

Shutting Off Your Water

There is a valve located at the point where the water service enters the building. This valve is typically a gate valve or ball valve. A gate valve can be shut-off by turning the valve clockwise until it seats. A ball valve is off when the handle is perpendicular to the pipe. If this valve cannot be found or does not function correctly, call Water Distribution Dispatch at 333-4905 or a licensed plumber to have your water shut off at the curb stop. A shop fee will be charged.

Hours & Holidays

The Water Department is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Our office is closed weekends and on observed holidays. We have an emergency dispatch service available around the clock at 937-333-4905.

Use our online bill payment system to get account information 24 hours a day or call our automated line at 937-333-3550.

Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by calling 937-333-4900. Our business offices will be closed on the following days:

2022 Holiday Closures

Holidays Dates
New Year's Day January 1, 2022
Martin Luther King Jr. Day January 17, 2022
Good Friday April 15, 2022
Memorial Day May 30, 2022
Juneteenth Nat. Indy. Day June 20, 2022
Independence Day July 4, 2022
Labor Day September 5, 2022
Thanksgiving November 24, 2022
Day After Thanksgiving November 25, 2022
Day Before Christmas December 23, 2022
Christmas Day December 26, 2022
New Year's Day 2020 January 2, 2023