It Harms Our Community!
Illegal dumping and littering are against the law. At the City of Dayton, we view illegal dumping as an inexcusable crime that pollutes our land and violates the rights of others. This unhealthy and unsightly crime harms our community in several ways:
- Poses health risks
- Lowers property values
- Discourages investment
- Attracts criminal activity
- Encourages additional dumping
- Costs taxpayers
- Contaminates waterways and drinking water
Report Illegal Dumping
You can report illegal dumping in the following ways:
- By calling the City of Dayton Call Center at 937-333-4800
- By clicking here and submitting an illegal dumping report online
How You Can Help
Illegal dumping is everybody's problem. Make the clean and healthy choice by pitching in to keep the community clean. Here's how you can help:
- Communicate with your neighborhood association or other organization about nearby problems.
- Participate in alley and neighborhood clean-ups: Neighborhood Cleanup Application – Online Form.
- Put litter in approved receptacles.
- Take advantage of free services provided by Montgomery County Solid Waste District
- Adopt a block, street, park or recruit volunteers; set one hour, one day each month to clean up any litter.
- Report illegal dumping; individuals may not be directly dumping on your property, but they are dumping in your community where you and your family live, work, play and gather.
- Schedule a Bulk Waste Pick-Up to avoid getting a ticket (items are to be set out only 24 hours before pick-up day).
- Call Environmental Management at 333-3796 to report suspicious substances that could contaminate waterways.