Earned Income Tax Credit
EITC Works for Families, Workers and the Dayton Economy
During tax-filing season, income-eligible Dayton residents can take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC) as ways to boost refunds on federal tax returns. The tax credits are more valuable than ever, ranging from $519 for workers with no dependents to $6,431 for some families.
Free Tax return Preparation & Filing
Taxpayers earning up to $54,884 may qualify for free tax return preparation and filing even when not claiming the EITC or CTC. Tax returns are prepared and filed immediately by IRS-trained volunteers. See the list of tax preparation sites and additional eligibility information here.
Super Refund Saturday, Saturday, Feb. 2, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Montgomery County Job Center, 1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Arrive with all appropriate documents, including W-2s, for fastest service, please (see more information below). Presented by KeyBank.
Call 937-913-2000 for more information on additional tax preparation locations or to make an appointment (or see list in the right column of this page).
What Information Must I Bring to the Tax Preparation Site?
- Photo ID
- All W-2 forms for wages earned in 2018
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you and all persons in your family included on your tax return
- Social Security Number or Employer ID Number (EIN) and address for any child care expenses in 2018. Bring payment documentation for the total amount you paid the Provider and the amount paid for each child.
- Any correspondence you received from the IRS in 2018 and 1098 and 1099 forms (if any)
- If you want your refund directly deposited into your savings or checking account(s), bring your account number(s) with you to the tax site.
- If you are married filing jointly, both parties must be present in order to process the tax return.