Earned Income Tax Credit
EITC WORKS FOR FAMILIES, WORKERS AND THE DAYTON ECONOMY
During tax-filing season, income-eligible Dayton residents can take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC) as ways to boost refunds on federal tax returns. The tax credits are more valuable than ever, ranging from $529 for workers with no dependents to $6,557 for some families.
EITC Volunteers Bring Dollars to Dayton
Would you like to help make a difference to thousands of Dayton residents? The annual Earned Income Tax Credit / Child Tax Credit (EITC/CTC) campaign prepares tax returns for income-eligible residents at designated community centers. There are several ways to help; training is provided. Contact Verletta Jackson at 937-333-3288 or Verletta.Jackson@daytonohio.gov.
FREE TAX RETURN PREPARATION & FILING
Taxpayers earning up to $55,952 may qualify for free tax return preparation and filing even when not claiming the EITC or CTC. Tax returns are prepared and filed immediately by IRS-trained volunteers.
What Information Must I Bring to the Tax Preparation Site?
- Photo ID
- All W-2 forms for wages earned in 2019
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you and all persons in your family included on your tax return
- Social Security Number or Employer ID Number (EIN) and address for any child care expenses in 2019. Bring payment documentation for the total amount you paid the Provider and the amount paid for each child.
- Any correspondence you received from the IRS in 2019 and 1098 and 1099 forms (if any)
- If you want your refund directly deposited into your savings or checking account(s), bring your account number(s) with you to the tax site.
- If you are married filing jointly, both parties must be present in order to process the tax return.
(EITC refunds do not count as income in determining eligibility for food stamps, SSI, Medicaid, cash assistance or public housing. The Child Tax Credit does not count as income for any federally-funded benefit program.)