Joseph T. Cline Award
Recognizing Excellence in City Employees
The Joseph T. Cline Awards Fund was established in 1984 at The Dayton Foundation by Carolynne H. Cline, daughter of the late Joseph T. Cline, a longtime supporter of the City of Dayton and community activist.
The award honors current City of Dayton workers who display excellence and dedication in their career as a City employee, as well as civic and community involvement. Honorees receive recognition by the City Commission and a cash award from an endowment established by the Cline family through The Dayton Foundation.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible, nominees must be a current full-time or permanent part-time employee with a minimum of two years of employment with the City of Dayton. Citizens and City of Dayton employees alike may nominate individuals for this award. At least 10 winners will be selected by a team of judges representing The Dayton Foundation and the City of Dayton. An award ceremony is held in November.
Nominations for the 2019 Joseph T. Cline Award must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25, 2019. Complete and submit a nomination form here. Completed forms or nomination letters may also be delivered or mailed to the City of Dayton, Office of Public Affairs, 101 W. Third St, Dayton, OH 45402, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
the Dayton Foundation
The Dayton Foundation is the regional community foundation for Greater Dayton. Since 1921, the Foundation has helped people to help others, managing charitable funds that have provided grants, totaling over a half-billion dollars to non-profit organizations. More information about The Dayton Foundations is available at daytonfoundation.org.
Cline Award Winners, 2018
- Officer Nathan Curley, Dayton Police Dept. Violent Crimes Bureau
- Officer Alexander Dole, Dayton Police Dept. West Patrol Operations
- Officer Justin Ellis, Dayton Police Dept. Violent Crimes Bureau
- Wonda Hatfield, Administrative Typist, Dayton Police Dept. East Patrol Operations
- Ken Marcellus, Community Development Specialist, Planning and Community Development
- Jacqulyn (Jackie) Richmond, Senior Business Manager, Water Utility Field Operations