Joseph T. Cline Award
rECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN CITY EMPLOYEES
The Joseph T. Cline Awards Fund was established in 1984 at The Dayton Foundation by Carolynne H. Cline, daughter of the late Joseph T. Cline, a longtime supporter of the City of Dayton and civic volunteer.
The award honors current City of Dayton workers who display excellence and dedication in their career as a City employee, as well as civic and community involvement. Honorees receive recognition by the City Commission and a cash award from an endowment established by the Cline family through The Dayton Foundation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
To be eligible, nominees must be a current full-time or permanent part-time employee with a minimum of two years of employment with the City of Dayton. Citizens and City of Dayton employees alike may nominate individuals for this award. Up to 10 winners will be selected by a team of judges representing The Dayton Foundation and the City of Dayton. An award ceremony is held in November.
THE DAYTON FOUNDATION
The Dayton Foundation is the regional community foundation for Greater Dayton. Since 1921, the Foundation has helped people to help others, managing charitable funds that have provided grants, totaling over a half-billion dollars to non-profit organizations. More information about The Dayton Foundations is available at daytonfoundation.org.
NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS
The nomination period for the 2020 Joseph T. Cline Award has closed. Look for award announcements by early December.
Cline Award Winners, 2020
- Cynthia August, Dayton Police Department
- Toni Bankston, Communications and Public Affairs
- David Gerstner, Dayton Fire Department
- Cherise D. Hairston, Planning and Community Development
- Verletta Jackson, Planning and Community Development
- David "Joey" Shope, Public Works
- Aaron Sonnenburg, Economic Development
- Ronald Strehle, Dayton Police Department
- Melissa Wilson, Procurement, Management and Budget