Join Our Team
Ready To Make Your Mark? Do It with Dayton Law
The City of Dayton Law Department is hiring prosecutors and civil attorneys and has valuable externship and internships opportunities available!
The City of Dayton is seeking full-time Assistant Prosecutors. This position is responsible for prosecuting misdemeanor criminal and traffic cases in the Dayton Municipal Court from initial filing through trial and appeal. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Prior prosecution experience preferred but not required. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent health care coverage, federal government loan forgiveness, and PERS pension. Apply at https://www.jobapscloud.com/DaytonOhio/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=22&R2=3005&R3=002
Assistant City Attorney (Civil)
The City of Dayton is seeking a full-time attorney in the Civil Division. The attorney would represent and advise the City, its elected official, officers, and employees in a broad range of legal matters; draft legislation and contracts; and handle civil litigation. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Prior municipal experience preferred, but not required. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent health care coverage, federal government loan forgiveness, and PERS pension. Apply at https://www.jobapscloud.com/DaytonOhio/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=22&R2=3005&R3=002
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE CITY OF DAYTON LAW DEPARTMENT
- Competitive salary $59,675.20 to $80,745.60
- Interesting and varied work and the ability to get greater immediate hands-on experience.
- Exposure to many areas of law
- Immediate court experience available
- Positive work environment with friendly co-workers happy to help with any questions
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Great Health and Dental Insurance Benefits
- Great Defined Benefit Pension and Deferred Compensation Program
- High quality of life and work-life balance.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Public Service and the Ability to Drive Better Outcomes for the City of Dayton
- On-site gym
- Ability to immediately gain civil and criminal trial experience in a low stress environment
- Ability to tailor externship to gain experience in almost any area of the law
- Experience both civil and criminal law in a positive learning environment
- Gain experience drafting motions, memoranda, and preparing arguments
- Ability to work on new and novel legal issues
If interested in internship or externship opportunities please email: John Musto, Deputy Law Director, at John.Musto@daytonohio.gov.