Earned Income Tax Credit
EITC Works for Families, Workers and the Dayton Economy
During tax-filing season, income-eligible Dayton residents can take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit as ways to boost refunds on federal tax returns. Workers must apply for the credits when filing federal tax returns, and there is free help available to prepare and submit tax forms. Tax filing is free and fast! Note: Beginning in 2017, if you claim the EITC or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until after February 15.
Free Tax Preparation Events
Super Refund Saturday, February 3, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (presented by KeyBank)
Empowerment Saturday, March 10, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (presented by Fifth Third Bank)
Both events are at the Montgomery County Job Center, 1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Arrive with all appropriate documents for fastest service, please (see more information below).
Call 937-913-2000 for more information on additional tax preparation locations (or see list in the right column of this page).
VOLUNTEERS:Click here for training registration (for questions about volunteer opportunities, please call 937-333-3288).
What Information Must I Bring to the Tax Preparation Site?
- Photo ID
- All W-2 forms for wages earned in 2017
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you and all persons in your family included on your tax return
- Social Security Number or Employer ID Number (EIN) and address for any child care expenses in 2017. Bring payment documentation for the total amount you paid the Provider and the amount paid for each child.
- Any correspondence you received from the IRS in 2017 and 1098 and 1099 forms (if any)
- If you want your refund directly deposited into your savings or checking account(s), bring your account number(s) with you to the tax site.
- If you are married filing jointly, both parties must be present in order to process the tax return.