Building permits are typically required for:
• All new buildings
• Any additions to or modifications to existing buildings
• Any new or modifications to electrical, plumbing or HVAC
• Any new or modifications to fire alarms and fire suppression systems
• A new tenant to a commercial space to obtain an inspection to occupy (Contact the Small Business Advocate prior to signing a lease or purchase agreement for commercial property.)
• Changing the use and/or occupancy of a building (Contact the Small Business Advocate prior to signing a lease or purchase agreement for commercial property.)
• Nuisance structures designated by the Housing Inspection Division
• Special inspection following a fire or other damage to a structure
• Demolition of a structure
• Accessory buildings, such as a garage or storage building.
• Temporary structures such as construction trailers or tents
• Construction or modifications to telecommunications structures, including cell towers and monopoles
Call 937-333-3883 if you have specific questions.
Building Permit Required page.